We believe that everyone deserves to feel calm & restful. And yet, not everyone has the equal opportunity to sustain this experience.
At Restful, we recognise that systemic inequality, racism, ableism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia and xenophobia impact felt safety. And we are committed to taking a stand against any and all bigotry.
Even though we are only a team of two (a White Australian cisgendered woman and a biracial Australian cisgendered man), we are committed to being anti-racist, accessible and inclusive.
This means that so far we:
- have designed our website and app for accessibility including high colour contrast, clean modern fonts, readability using screen readers, and resizable content
- include a diverse range of people represented where stock images of people are used
- use alt-text and closed captioning for all images and videos on our website & social media pages
- offer a generous free tier within the Restful app so that anyone can afford to regularly access meditones
- offer additional resources in our blog posts that include books, podcasts, and websites that represent diverse authors and companies
- pledge to ensure our spaces — including our website, app and social media pages — are as safe and welcoming as possible for marginalised people
- recognise that we are allies in progress and are not immune to making mistakes or committing harmful actions. We will hold ourselves accountable and are open to feedback about how we can do better, and accept such critique with humility
- pledge to hold ourselves responsible for our emotions, and center impact over intent
- acknowledge that as a business operating in Melbourne, Australia we are working and living on the lands of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung and the Bunurong peoples and clans of the Kulin Nation. Sovereignty was never ceded.
Please feel welcome to contact us with suggestions, feedback, or to hold us accountable to the pledges we have made to you here. You can reach us via email at email@example.com
(This is a living document that we are committed to reviewing as a team at least once per year. This page last updated 16 Sep, 2022.)